NOMAD OASIS (Beta Version)
Your local, self-contained NOMAD server for managing your lab's data, FAIRification, and analytics by Artificial Intelligence tools
The NOMAD Oasis is characterized by the following key features:
- Runs fully independent of external sources, also behind strong firewalls
- Provides full access to the data of the central NOMAD server; copies all that data and ensures regular synchronization
- Provides flexibility for adjustments and advancements towards users' local, domain-specific, individual needs to acquire, manage, and analyze their data
- Enables the user to contribute their data and tools to the central NOMAD server in a convenient way (if they wish to do so)
- Provides a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for characterizing materials according to all available quantities stored at the central NOMAD server and/or the Oasis
- Integrates all AI tools from the NOMAD Artificial-Intelligence Toolkit; AI-guided workflows coming soon;
- Offers a forum of users and developers for exchange and optimization of developments and selection of tools to be integrated next (coming soon)
Obtaining the NOMAD Oasis
Thank you for your interest in the NOMAD Oasis! We are happy to provide you with the software and user manual, and we look forward to you becoming part of our active NOMAD community.
The NOMAD Oasis is copyrighted material and subject to a license agreement, which we ask you to respect. To obtain the NOMAD Oasis, you need to purchase a license from FAIR Data Infrastructure for Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, and Astronomy (FAIR-DI) e.V. We offer these types of licenses:
- Academic license in an academic setting for the use of the NOMAD Oasis in an academic setting by a single research group (at a university, non-profit research labs, etc.) for 2000 Euro/year (+ VAT). The payment is voluntary. It helps to run the website, to distribute the software, etc. It does not pay the code developers. Please fill in the academic license form in any case. If needed, add a handwritten change to the payment amount and send a short explanation to email@example.com. In case of questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- License for installing the NOMAD Oasis in a non-academic setting such as in companies: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon purchase, we will provide you with the required information to install the NOMAD Oasis and provide consultancy. You will also have access to the user manual, and the community forum.
How to purchase a license from FAIR-DI e.V.
- Download the license agreement: NOMAD Oasis Academic License Agreement (coming soon);
- Sign the license agreement;
- Send the license agreement by email (scanned and signed PDF) to email@example.com;
- FAIR-DI e.V. will return to you a signed copy of the license agreement together with an invoice for the payment due;
- We will provide you with your NOMAD Oasis account from which the software can be downloaded.
We hope that the NOMAD Oasis will be a useful and productive tool for your research and that we will advance its services together! In case you have further questions or special requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us.
FAIR Data Infrastructure for Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, and Astronomy (FAIR-DI) e.V.
c/o IRIS Adlershof
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Zum Großen Windkanal 2