Current, open positions in NOMAD are listed below.
In addition, qualified candidates who are interested in joining the NOMAD project in general, can send their application materials to Jessica Pietsch or contact the PI (see TEAM) of the group they would like to join.
Post-doctoral position in quantum computing at the Theory Department of the Fritz-Haber-Institute of the Max-Planck-Society, Berlin
The Fritz Haber Institute (FHI) of the Max-Planck-Society has an opening for a post-doctoral position in quantum computing. The research is a collaboration of the theory department of Prof. Matthias Scheffler and IBM Research – Zurich represented by Dr. Nikolaj Moll. The focus will be on the development of quantum chemistry algorithms for quantum computers. You will contribute to the advancement of open-source software tools in Python and implement optimal algorithms on large numbers of qubits. Involvement in the publication of the research and contributions at conferences is expected.
What will you do:
- Contribute to the development of quantum chemistry algorithms on quantum computers.
- Contribute to the implementation of algorithms in open-source software tools for quantum computing.
- Publish results in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
What is required:
- Ph.D. degree in quantum chemistry, physics, or a relevant field is required.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Experience in quantum computing and related software development is a plus.
You can find more information about the Theory Department of the FHI, here.
Potential candidates should send their application, including cover-letter, curriculum vitae, transcript of grades and the contact-details of at least three references as pdf to Jessica Pietsch.
The position will be connected to the European Center of Excellence NOMAD (Novel Materials Discovery).