The second shell (Collaborators and advisors from Academia)
Involving additional experts
Open positions in the NOMAD Laboratory of the association FAIR Data Infrastructure for Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, and Astronomy
About FAIR-DI e.V.
Scientific data are a significant raw material of the 21st century. To exploit its value, a proper infrastructure that makes it Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Re-purposable – FAIR – is a must. And this is where the association FAIR-DI e.V. sets in: FAIR-DI will build a worldwide data infrastructure for big data from material science, engineering, and astronomy that follows the FAIR principles. Find out more about our mission and objectives on www.fair-di.eu.
What we offer
The NOMAD (Novel Materials Discovery) pillar of FAIR-DI e.V offers several open positions in the following, highly important, and urgent topic or field:
- Developer for a web-based platform for materials science data sharing and analysis
You will be working on a REST and NoSQL based backend and distributed cloud-based processing infrastructure written in Python; a component-based (react) frontend; or Jupyter based analysis framework; and/or a Graphical User Interface.
What we are looking for
Specifically, we are looking for truly outstanding master students, Ph.D. students (“fast track” is possible), and postdocs. The latter are 2-year positions with the possibility of extension. If you belong to this group and are interested in one of the noted topics, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Excellent programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of Python
Ideally in-depth understanding of and experience in some of the following:
- Machine learning concepts
- NoSQL databases
- REST APIs, flask
- Data visualization
- GIT, scripts, Linux, Docker, k8s
Your workplace will be at the Department of Physics, FAIR-DI group of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, one of the best universities in Germany.
How to apply
Your application must include in one pdf file:
- A cover letter describing your motivation for applying (max. 1 page)
- A CV with a complete description of your academic career and relevant skills (including a description of your programming experience)
- Contact details of two potential referees
- Your degree certificate(s)
- For applicants for a Ph.D. position: transcripts of courses taken and grades obtained
Please send your application to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your applications!